Did you know that email marketing is still one of the best ways to communicate with your customers?
In fact, 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing. (Litmus, 2020)
Therefore, the overall success of your email campaigns is measured through email ROI. From unique visitors and increased engagement metrics, you may be confused and overwhelmed about improving ROI for B2B email marketing.
Social media is not gonna work for your B2B business.
Don’t get it wrong. Social media is great and many business owners are taking advantage of social media to increase their chances of success. As a result, they have been thinking about if the email is dead.
Not at All!! Email marketing is still alive and well, especially in B2B. With email marketing, 79% of B2B marketers find email to be the most successful channel for content distribution.
However, 59% of B2B businesses still don’t use email marketing, and 76% of B2B marketers use social media to drive results.
This doesn’t mean that email marketing doesn’t work at all. No, it means you should not put social media ahead of email marketing. Because in all probability, email marketing still surpasses social media marketing.
And in this guide we walk you through the tips you can take to increase your conversion rates with a view to boosting email campaign return on investment (ROI).
Scroll down to discover how and what hacks will be of help to marketers when conducting B2B marketing. But first, let’s talk a few things about email marketing.
What is Email Marketing?
Do email marketing really is helpful for B2B businesses or is it just a myth?
Email Marketing Best Practices
Top 5 tips for increasing email marketing ROI
Enough of the briefing, ready to get started!
What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is a marketing strategy that businesses use to build relationships with customers, by sending emails to promote their product or service, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, generating leads, converting prospects, or making a sale.
Email can be used by companies to keep their potential audience informed and engaged with your product/service and its offering. This marketing strategy is mainly used by many marketers to target their customers in the hope that they will continue to buy their product.
Here are the top 5 email marketing statistics that will prove email marketing is a lot worth the investment if you’re trying to create a thriving business.
- For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $42. That’s a $4,200% ROI! (Litmus, The ROI of marketing).
- According to the 80% of marketers still rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel and customer retention (eMarketer).
- 81% of B2B marketers claim that email newsletters are the most powerful source of content marketing (Content Marketing Institute, 2020).
- 59% of respondents said that marketing emails influence their purchase decisions, while just over 50% buy from marketing emails at least once a month (SaleCycle, 2020).
- Almost two-thirds (64%) of B2B respondents say that they use email automation techniques to improve lead quality (Marketing Charts, 2017).
Now that you know some important email marketing statistics, what email marketing does for B2B businesses or is it just a myth?
We know most marketers now are contemplating the above question. How is email marketing helpful for my b2b business. Why should I create and implement an effective B2B email marketing strategy?
Well, well as a matter of fact, in 2020, the number of global e-mail users amounted to four billion and is set to grow to 4.6 billion users in 2025. However, email marketing is still an integral part of daily life and one of the powerful ways to communicate.
Not every business needs to focus on email marketing – that might not be sufficient for them to grow your business. If you’re not correctly developing your marketing strategy, then effective marketing is difficult to get right. And your most prominent factor, however, is your audience.
Data from Litmus found that 78% of marketers believe email marketing could be the reason for their company’s success.
B2B Email Marketing Best Practices
Even if you’re expecting massive success from your email marketing strategy, you just can’t ignore these best practices of email marketing.
Whether you want to focus on an attractive subject lines or email design, remember that your ultimate goal is to create valuable content for your audience that will result in becoming your customer or subscribers.
By following these practices, you’ll be able to develop a dialogue with your audience and increase brand engagement and awareness. Well. let’s read on to the 5 best email marketing practices that you should follow.
- Campaign Segmentation: According to DMA, marketers have found a 760% increase in email revenue from segmented campaigns. With campaign segmentation, you will be able to craft the perfect email that is more relevant to your audience which leads to improved ROI.
- Personalize, Personalize, Personalize: Have a mindset of personalizing your email content. When you do so, you’ll be able to build a human connection with your audience. B2B personalization statistics show marketers realize that, and 77% believe that it improves customer relationships.
- Short Subject Line: This is the first thing that your customer will notice and getting it right is crucial. Researchers found that 33% of email recipients open an email based on the subject line. Well-crafted and shorter subject lines will increase the chances of getting your email opened. More specifically, 6 to 10-word subject lines delivered the highest open rate, and email subject lines with 5 or fewer words generated a 16 percent open rate.
- Clear CTA: Having a clear Call-to-Action (CTA) is essential and it helps your subscribers to the primary action you want them to do next. Personalized Calls to Action Convert 202% Better.
Top 5 Tips for Increasing Email Marketing ROI
A. Email Marketing Segmentation
- What if we told you that there’s a single marketing channel through which companies can really generate more leads and revenue for their business? That marketing channel is email. Yes, email marketing is the primary line of communication that ensures that recipients read and open those emails. It remains highly successful for many businesses.
There will be times when your email marketing strategy won’t work. It’s totally a waste of time and money. There’s one solid and powerful solution that will guarantee higher revenue and sales.
Email Segmentation. Segmenting your audience ensures that you send the right information to the right people. Email segmentation not only helps in aligning your marketing messages but also helps to define which prospects to prioritize.
Personalization, in the context of email marketing, is a tactic in which email marketers sends highly targeted emails to subscribers by leveraging the data and information about them. Personalizing email marketing is one of the effective ways to increase your open rates and click-through rates and can have a positive impact on improving the success of your email campaign. Personalization is a proven way to deliver custom-made and relevant content to your prospects which will make them feel that the email is actually personalized for them.
C. Powerful Email CTAs
Shop Now. Learn More. Visit our website.
None of these call-to-action buttons will probably capture the attention of your customer and gets them to click. Every email has a purpose and the goal is to get subscribers to take action and do something.
A perfect Call-to-Action, CTA in short, draws and captivates your target audience, encourages them to read the email, and urges them to click. It’s the only way to persuade subscribers to do more than read. Whether you’re driving traffic to your website or any other landing page, your CTAs should have a specific purpose, prompt the benefits, and catch your reader’s eye.
D. Create mobile-friendly emails
The world is going mobile and so with it, all recipients open their email on mobile devices. Take into consideration more than 40% of email users first open their emails on their mobile devices. With this in mind, you need to be creating mobile-friendly emails for successful customer service email management.
The great thing about mobile-friendly emails is that it doesn’t take a lot of time. It’s pretty easy. You just have to equip the rights tools that work well on mobile and offer a more enjoyable experience to subscribers. Creating mobile-optimized emails improves and creates a better customer experience.
E. A/B Testing Email Campaigns
- It’s vital to run A/B tests on your email campaigns when trying out new techniques. Many marketers don’t know how or what to test so they skip email A/B testing. In fact, with email marketing A/B testing you can improve conversion rates, and to get better results.
The main thing is setting up an effective A/B test in which you’ll know what aspects of your email campaigns you should be testing to improve results.
– Test subject lines
– Test recipient’s name
– Body text and closing text
– Test images
Email marketing is one of the effective way to grow your business and helps in generating more sales. The only challenging thing about email marketing is that it is a complicated process. Doing it in right way, email marketing can do wonders and delivers best results. Don’t forget: email marketing is a great tool but it’s not easy to perform. You’ll have to stay consistent with your email marketing strategies. But if you do, it can take your business to the next level.